Saturday, September 21, 2013

I'm not a supermom


I'm not a supermom.  Nor am I any version of a superwoman.  


I have my strengths, but many more weaknesses.  


I do things well some days.  Many days play out like some comedy of errors.


In my introductions to new circles of women and seeing some old faces though upstart of fall activities, I have found that my revelation that we are now a "homeschooling family" (can I be honest I feel weird saying that, like we are some freak of nature...need new description stat!) has brought about two very common reactions:


1)  "Oh, I could never do that!"


and


2)  "Wow, you are like superwoman!  How do you do it all?"


While not surprising statements, they still stir plenty of emotions.  


First of all, moms- don't sell yourself short.  You are strong.  You love fiercely.  If it NEEDED to be done, you would be able to do it.  It may not look pinterest worthy and it may not be within your skills set, but if I know anything about Moms is that they would do ANYTHING for their kids.  If your child needed to be learning at home, you would find a way to make it happen.  Don't sell yourself short.


Second, I'm not superwoman. I'm just being obedient.  I honestly believe that when we choose to live in obedience to God's calling, He will equip us accordingly.  God is not known for reckless abandonment.  He did not leave Elijah in the wilderness alone.  He did not ignore Moses' plea for help in public speaking.  He did not ignore the heart of Mary Magdalene.  He forgave Peter.  He refined Saul into a Paul.  God does not call the equipped, he equips the called.  When we choose to live in obedience to what He is asking us to do, He will provide a way to make it happen.  I am not a superwoman.  I make mistakes.  I don't always have the right priorities for each day.  I get angry.  I am selfish at times.  But, oh how thankful I am, that God is able and willing and DESIRES to still use me.  He has asked me to do this, for this season.  He will not abandon me and will equip me as long as I remain in obedience.  And he will equip you.  Whether he has called you to work, stay at home, homeschool, volunteer, or a combination of many lifestyles; all you must do is be obedient and he will equip you.  God will lead you to the right decision for your family and give you the strength and skills needed to fulfill his purpose for you.


2 Corinthians 12:9-10 

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Philippians 2:13

"...for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose."

1 Thessalonians 5:24

"...The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it."

Hebrews 13:20-21

"Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep,  equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen."









No comments:

Post a Comment