|I participated in the Hip Homeschool Hop!|
We did it! We successfully completed our first week of homeschooling! While it was a lighter load academically (we are slowly adding subjects), it was still full of SUCCESS and LEARNING CURVES.
- We had fun learning together!
- Everyone had a great attitude for most of the time!
- We learned something!
- We got better at it!
- Izzy was able to communicate without getting emotional or shutting down her need for quiet space in order to complete the math assignment I gave her!
- Our home is still organized and peaceful!
- Our new chore system is working wonders! (I'll do a post about that someday soon)
- Intentionality in everything we say and do has increased!
LEARNING CURVES (aka challenges we need to work through):
- Utilizing baby's nap for the most hands-on teaching that needs to happen
- Keeping 3 year old occupied and happy through the times I need to focus on big sister's learning.
- Strategic breaks
- Lunch- seriously have lack of desire to make lunches. Strongly dislike having to 'plan' this extra meal. How do I make this easier?
Here is a little picture tour of our first week!
|Two digit adding and regrouping|
|Handwriting with Scripture|
|Days 1-3 of Creation Mobile|